The Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Jazz Pickup – Set SJB 3 is a high output true single-coil pickup set. These pickups are recommended for blues, classic rock, garage, heavy rock, classic metal and nu-metal.
This pickup set was developed for the bassist who needs the slammin’ output of the Hot but with even stronger attack. The quarter-inch pole pieces and intense windings deliver a full response with great sustain.
Black pickup covers included with Basslines logo.
Single Coil, 2 conductor.
See Review below shell dimensions…
THE LOW DOWN: SEYMOUR DUNCAN Quarter Pounder Jazz Pickup Set – SJB 3 – REVIEW:
- These are high output pickups. Simply quite loud. Among the loudest we have heard period.
- Thick lows, moderately clean…but not ultra clean low end
- Top end is decent, not bright-bright and not absent.
- Punchy, snappy, aggressive tone that helps cut through other instruments, especially if there are multiple electric guitars, keyboards
- They fit in a typical Jazz Bass pickup route well. The pickups are of average depth. The length and width is pretty similar to the stock pickups in a Fender J, or any pickups that are using the vintage style covers.
- Unique look with the over-sized pole pieces. The rest of the shell is similar to a vintage shell.
Visit the Seymour Duncan website.
Leave a Reply